I did my first knot a week ago! And it proved to be another addictive DIY activity – I’m totally hooked!
It’s very simple to make and depending on the cord and embellishment you use, you can design it to suit your style.
I’ve been wanting to do a tutorial and finally decided on this cute pink macramé bracelet.
Here’s what you’ll need:
– scotch tape
– an embellishment of your choice
– knotting cord
– button (as the clasp)
– round head needle
1. Cut 2 pieces of the knotting cord. The first piece should be about 20″, find the center and tape it to the cutting board. Cut another piece, about 60″ and place it underneath the taped 20″ cord. Making sure that everything is centered.
2. Start with the cord from the left, take the left cord over the two vertical cords in the middle – making a small “q” shape. Next take the right cord over the three cords, horizontally and bring the loose end underneath and up through the loop of the “q”. Then, pull both cords out and tight. And that’s your first knot! Yipeee!
3. For the second knot start from the right, take the right cord over the two vertical cords in the middle making a small “p” shape. Next take the left cord over the three cords, horizontally and bring the loose end underneath and up through the loop of the “p”. Then, pull both cords out and tight.
4. Continue making your square knots until about 3″ long. Next, slide your embellishment and continue making 3″ long square knots .
5. When you’re done, slide the button (which will act as your lock). Then, thread the two vertical cord in the middle and stitch it at the back to secure your button.
6. To make it extra secure, add a dab of E-6000 to seal off the stitch and make another single knot over it. Trim off any excess cord. Now wear your macramé bracelet and show it off to friends!