I’m not the most patient person. If there’s one thing I hate, hate, HATE in life…that will be, waiting.
That’s why it bothers me a lot if my flight is delayed….I know things like this happens (a lot!) so, instead of getting all upset and annoyed I try to pass time as sanely as possible.
Here are the top 10-things I like to do at the airport.
1.Drink Coffee. Lots of it. With the abundance of coffee shops it’s like “heaven” for a caffeine junkie like me. So I pass time by drinking coffee.
2. Update Apps. I love free airport WIFI access. There’s nothing sweeter than to bum some high speed WIFI connection and update my applications.
3. People Watching. I know this one is a little bit mean. But hey, I’m bored! I love to mentally assess people’s airport outfits and do an imaginary make-over. “Those shoes mah dahling is hideous, burn that!” And I can go on and on with this for hours. Totally enjoyable…. for me. 😆
4. Write Lists. Oh geez, this one is a real time killer, and it also gives me a sense of false accomplishment. It doesn’t matter if I end up with lists like. “Things to do with annoying people”, “Things to do when you’re happy/sad”, “How to talk to your pre-teen daughters so sound like you know what you’re doing”, and etc. etc. Get the drift?
5. Type Some Stupid Blog Entry Like This. Nuf said.
6. Chat with friends. Why not surprise an old friend with a friendly chat. Not considering you actually haven’t talked to this person for months. Reconnect and try to rekindle the friendship. Of course keeping a mental note that you’ll be in touch again with this person regularly not only whenever you’re stuck at the airport.
7. Stalk Friends on Facebook. This one is pure entertainment. I’m “lucky” to have FB friends whose lives are very entertaining. Because I don’t need a subscription for TFC. Needing a dose of drama, comedy, romance? Browse the newsfeed.
8. Send Excessive SMS to My Mother.
9. Read Twitter Feeds or Scroll Pictures on Instagram.
10. Create a new board on Pinterest.
How about you? How do you kill time when you’re bored at the airports?